Google

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Check your Weight Category

This is one of the first steps to the cure. Overweight people should find and acknowledge the category they are in. I would hope you know what your average weight should be, based on your height, body frame, etc. Let us call this 'normal weight'. Here is an example of an index of weight categories I am using to demonstrate the point. You can set up your own categories for 2-5, but be reasonable, as you're only fooling yourself. However, category 1 must be a fixed, true weight.
  1. Normal weight
  2. Overweight - 10-20lbs over normal
  3. Grossly overweight - 50lbs over normal
  4. Obese - 100lbs over normal
  5. Morbidly obese - 200lbs+ over normal
Do not avoid the scales, record you weight - check what category you belong to. Now say to yourself, I am overweight or I am obese. Acknowledge the category and tell yourself, 'it is myself, and myself alone that put me into this category, and only myself can get me to a lower category'. Once you acknowledge your category, then you can start the cure. Your aim is number 1 - good luck.
This is an example of a height-weight chart. The vertical axis is in stones, and the horizontal in feet and inches. If you are in the white middle stripe, you're doing fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home