Google

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Tesco Ireland Up to their Old Scamming Tricks

Today in Tescos near Cork City, I went in to buy some Oxo cubes. There was a 12-pack and a 24-pack. Normally, the bigger pack would be cheaper - this has been the buying/selling philosophy for generations - buy in bulk to save money. As I reached for the 24-pack, thinking I would save myself a few cent, I noticed the tag below the cubes stated that the larger pack worked out at €16.98 per kilogram. I looked at the 12-pack, and that worked out at €16.20 per kilogram. The larger pack cost €2.41, and the smaller pack cost €1.15. So it was cheaper to buy 2 x 12 packs at €2.30, rather than the 24 pack at €2.41. So I saved €0.11. Is this another cynical attempt by Tesco Ireland to con the public? This outrageous pricing is not just restricted to Oxo cubes - I have seen other items listed in a similar fashion. I believe it is a concerted strategy by Tescos to use cheap tricks on the unsuspecting customer.
Remember March 1999: "Tesco Ireland faces prosecution for breach of the Consumer Information Act, under a section outlawing false prices on products."


Technorati Tags:
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home